Monday, May 7, 2012

A Junior Prom


My days in Washington are limited, and I feel them rushing by. Solution: my answer to everything is YES! Or I just invite myself places. Example? Gabby's before junior prom photos. I have been Gabby & her sister Giselle's nanny for six years. I am not so much their nanny anymore...more like tutor & mentor meets family manager. Anyway, I couldn't miss this opportunity. No way.

It was a beautiful sunny Seattle day perfect for meeting down by the water. Her group had something like 56 kids in it. Add the parents of 56ish kids and you have a circus traipsing through the mud (it was sunny but still wet) flash happy. It was the kind of chaos you don't want to run from. Just a bunch of people trying to capture the moment...standing back and thinking about how fast their kid grew up. The entire experience was beautiful. I loved every moment. Even ruining my shoes.









1 comment:

  1. I just pulled out my prom dress from junior year ironically. My mom was going to sell it, but I couldn't part with it. It's the same color as Gabby's. I love her look and your pictures. 56 is an insane amount of couples. I do not miss the drama of high school!

    The picture of their feet on the doc is my favorite.

    Everyone's growing up, including you missy :)

    ReplyDelete