Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Guess what? I'm Irish
As I was getting ready to get picked up to head to a family Irish feast, I couldn't help but wonder if I was being a poser. So, I asked my uncle if we were Irish. 
Don't ask me details of my Irishness. I just am taking my uncle's word for it. 
And with a last name like GREENE how could I not be Irish?
I took my new found knowledge and feasted on Irish food with a clear conscience. 

My dear aunt Renee prepared a delicious Irish meal.
Corned beef with cabbage & onions & carrots

 
Calcannon
Irish Chicken Pot Pie
Soda Bread: wheat, original, & raisin
 Apple Cake
The shamrocks were not Irish, but they were all in good fun
Egg dip made with eggs from their chickens
I didn't get a picture of the dip, but don't these eggs look delightful?
Of course we had green beer. Don't worry, it was non-alcoholic.
The food was delightful, but the babies were the highlight. At least for me. 
This is baby Brayden
   with uncle Tim & aunt Barbara


This is Brayden's twin brother Brycen
   

This is baby Cadence
 with her grandpa & her mom
     This is Cambrielle. She didn't like the camera. 

Our other guests included a hen, a dog, and a peek from the sun






No comments:

Post a Comment