Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Making crayons

So here is the truth. I steal lots of ideas from Pinterest. It isn't that I can't come up with my own (note the valentine made from a hanger) it's just a lot of people are full of lots of great ideas. Thanks for letting me use them!

Caleb (the boy I nanny) and I made heart shaped crayons from all of his broken crayons. Go us for reusing, repurposing, recycling or whatever you want to call it AND being February festive. 

I bought the heart mold from goodwill for TEN CENTS. Spending ALMOST nothing is a good thing because I came to find out that it isn't meant for the oven at all. It melted. I had to throw it away. Lesson learned. 
First we peeled all the crayons
then Caleb smashed them. he liked this part quite a bit
we placed them in the mold. let them melt for 10 minutes in the oven at 250 degrees. 
then we put them in the freezer to cool. we didn't have a lot of patience. this worked great
here are our festive heart crayons. with every stroke you get a surprise. 
you just don't know what color you're going to get

No comments:

Post a Comment