Monday, February 6, 2012

quinoa breakfast bars

I wanted to make something with quinoa for whit's birthday breakfast. 
I looked at a ton of different recipes but I didn't find one I liked. 
This is why I made my own.
I will share it with you since they were a hit. 
1. bring 1 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup molasses, 1 teaspoon ish of vanilla, and 1/2 cup pureed prunes to a boil
2. mix 1 cup whole wheat flour (or flour of your choice), 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, however much cinnamon you prefer, and 1 cup of shredded coconut
3. add nuts of your choice. I used whole raw almonds. I would suggest chopping them up. 
4. mix everything together along with 4 cups cooked quinoa
5. pour into a greased 13X9 pan
6. bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
7. let cool and cut into the shapes you desire.
I chose hearts so Whit would know how much we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment