Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Turning 26

I feel a sort of kinship with the rain on February 18th. It always makes an appearance. My Little Mermaid pinata had to be hung in the garage, my backyard drive-in movie barely survived, my beach party was rained out, but ALWAYS the next morning I woke up stoked about my birthday. 

This year I just embraced the rain. 
I wore flip-flops. 
I opened my window to let the rain in.
I didn't take an umbrella to protect my hair. 
My hair just got a bit frizzy. 
I still had a blast. 
It might have been because I wore my cowboy boots.
(graffiti compliments of Seattle)

So, this is how the day went down...
Melissa took me to breakfast at Woodinville Cafe (best salsa!)
We shared food, drank a ton of coffee, and laughed & laughed.
Delish!

I went home & spent some much needed time organizing my room. 
This might sound horrible to some, but it is quite therapeutic for me.
(this picture was taken a bit later, but gives you an idea)
Note the birthday flowers from Whitney. 

Then Melissa Buchanan, Meg Voeller, Alison Currier, Jody Robbins & I went to Capitol Hill to hit up a ton of places. 
Here is Meg letting us know the plan...
(this was the plan. plans change)
We got all dolled up. 
Drank 5 hour energies.
Danced.
Laughed.
Sang to REALLY loud music...
(maybe Ke$ha & Katy Perry)
Played in photo booths.

We partied all night. 
The best night. 
The next morning I showed up to a brunch that had NOTHING to do with my birthday, 
but there were a few surprises...

a special seat covered in streamers 
with a certificate for thrifting with Jenica
flowers & essie nail polish (in colors a room needs to be decorated in)
Also, the awesome scarf I'm wearing came from Dyanna. There was a neon yellow clutch & watch & bracelet & "totally 80's" neon yellow nail polish.

I was also surprised with a card, pie, candles, and everyone singing happy birthday.

The entire day I was blessed with phone calls, texts, & facebook messages. 
I truly felt loved.
Best birthday yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment