Monday, April 23, 2012

The Great Moments

Here are the great moments of the weekend I mentioned in yesterdays post.

The Tulip Festival is beyond breathtaking. You just walk through rows and rows of the most beautiful tulips you have ever seen. The drive is not too terrible either, especially if you beat traffic, grab coffee, roll the windows down for some sunshine, and rock out to music. BUT if you don't beat traffic, I hear it is the worst! No thank you. So worth waking up early on a Sunday for.





Damn Yankees, although we were late, was hilarious. 5th Ave is pretty cool too. There is a lot of architectural detail (I'm going to pretend I know what I'm talking about here). Honestly, this just means I thought it was pretty and ornate. After, we headed across the street to Rock Bottom for some drinks and food. We just kept extending our day. I couldn't complain. I do not get to be in the company of my former roommate enough. I love her and her love of crazy pop music.


The day ended with a backyard meal, bonfire, AND my first time ever really playing Frisbee. I'm a fan. Also, I'm a fan of homemade porch ice cream. I call it this because it was made on the porch. 


There are no photos, but Saturday we went to Craven Farm (where my roommate is getting married) to dream about wedding details, hit some garage sales (where I got one of those embroidery ring things for free...I'm planning on making this with them), and watched Anne of Green Gables for my first time ever. All winner moments. I just couldn't leave them out because there were no photos. 

What were some great moments of your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment