Monday, April 30, 2012

TJ's Caprese(ish) Pasta

I am on a quest for simple & fancy. Especially when it comes to food. The less time I spend shopping & cooking the better. The less money I spend is even cooler. I am a college graduate with student loans & going back to school to rack up some more. That's why I usually shop at Trader Joe's. I know what they have, where to find it, & it's not too heavy on the pocketbook. Success on the simple front.

That leaves the fancy front. 

You can decide if you think this dinner I threw together was fancy enough for you, but I fully felt fancy eating it. Especially with a glass of Malbec (currently my favorite red).

1. Cook any pasta you have (I used spinach tortellini)
2. Toss with TJ's bruschetta (found by the hummus) & mozzarella balls
3. Top with chopped fresh basil
4. Salt & pepper to taste


There you have it & for a measly $2.85/serving ($4.09 with the glass of wine).

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment